Happy New Year everyone!! I rang in the New Year in the most magical place on Earth, Disney World 🙂 Yes, it was packed but totallyyyy worth it, haha! I spent the week at Disney with Sean’s family and we had a blast! Now that I’m unpacked and settling in at home, I wanted to share all about it!
Disney has just recently started their new fastpass system called “Genie+” and let me tell you, IT IS WORTH IT!! I seriously think this has been the best thing Disney has done and I am here to share all the tips and tricks we learned along the way 😉
1. First of all, make sure everyone in your party is connected to at least one person’s account so they are able to book the ride for everyone.
2. You are allowed to book your first ride at 7 am each day. When I say be quick, BE QUICK. Throwing Sean under the bus here, but he wasted maybe 10 seconds asking me a question and we were bumped 2 hours later for that ride. So have your game plan ready way before 7 am!
3. You are allowed to book another ride once you used your first one OR if 2 hours have passed since you booked the first one. For example: If you book Space Mountain at 9:30 a.m, you are allowed to book another ride at 11:30 a.m or whenever you have used the fastpass for Space Mountain.
4. You have an hour to do your fastpass but here’s the key secret… you have a 5 minute buffer time before your fastpass starts so if your fastpass is at 10:30, you can start using it at 10:25! Not everyone knows this, so it was great to beat that crowd in your alloted time slot! You also have 15 minutes passed your hour if it was needed!
5. Deciding which ride to book was a hard decision but I tried to strategically choose the best option, haha. The day before we went to each park, I would check the wait times on each ride to see which ride constantly had a long wait time. Those were the rides you want to Genie+ at 7 am. If there were multiple rides that always had long waits, we would choose the ride that had the earliest availability so we could get another pass quicker!
6. You are allowed to stack fastpasses! This was so great on Friday when we took a break in the day before we went out for NYE. Once we were finished with Hollywood Studios, we already booked a fastpass in Magic Kingdom for that night and then every 2 hours kept adding more. Once we got to Magic Kingdom, we had 3 fastpasses all back to back and it was AWESOME!
7. You are allowed to buy fastpasses for some of the most popular attractions that are not included in Genie+ such as Avatar and Rise of the Resistance, but the prices vary from like $11-$19 depending on the day and time. They do sell out QUICK and some days are not offered. Unfortunately we were unable to get it for Rise of the Resistance because of how fast they sold out. So if this is your one goal at Disney to ride one of these rides and do not want to wait 2+ hours, I would buy them first thing!
Now this was my first time using Genie+ and as Sean’s mom said “if Disney was a game, I think you would beat it” haha! We seriously got to ride SO much at every park even with it being so busy! By lunch time we had already rode all the big attractions and were getting to do some of the smaller things.
I hope these tips help you out if you’re heading to Disney anytime soon! Please leave a comment or reach out if you have any further questions! Now, wish Megan luck as she enters the world of Disney this week with her family 🙂