I am back from a week in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean’s new ship Wonder of the Seas! If you have ever cruised before, you probably know some of the in’s and out’s of it. If you have never cruised before and are planning on doing so, I have some tips for you that most people wouldn’t think about before getting on the ship!
1. I ALWAYS pack a pair of pants and a small jacket/sweater because let me tell ya, they keep that ship like an ice box especially during the shows at night. Almost every night after dinner, I would change into pants before our show because I knew I would be cold, haha!
2. Another item is a room key holder! I’ll link one here. These are perfect to hold your room key, license, money, etc. They are also waterproof so you don’t have to worry about someone watching your stuff while you’re in the water. We take these especially on the islands so it keeps everything in one place!
3. While we are talking about islands, I would suggest packing a small backpack/bag to take with you on the islands to hold all your essentials for when you get off the boat. I got lucky and Sean was able to carry everything in his backpack, but I would usually take a small bag to hold my towel, sunscreen, and other small things!
4. Along with the room key holder, if you plan to take pictures in/under the water I would pack a waterproof phone pouch linked here. We used these when we were doing the stingray encounter and snorkeling. I will say though, my phone got pretty stuck while I was trying to take it out BUT it didn’t get any water inside so I was happy, haha. Next time I’ll take my phone case off and I don’t think I’ll have a problem.
5. I would also definitely pack some water shoes that are comfortable! Some of the excursions on the islands might require hiking or a lot of walking. I wore my Chacos on these excursions and they were perfect for the walking and I could keep them on in the ocean if there were rocky spots!
6. Another shoe I would pack is tennis shoes. Sometimes there are activities on the boat that may require you to have tennis shoes. For example there was a zipline on this ship, and you could not do it without tennis shoes on.
7. Something I always see but never remember to bring are towel clips for your chairs. I’ll link some here. These would literally be lifesavers especially on a windy day! Now that I’ve included it in this post, hopefully I’ll remember for next time!
Those are just a few items I have learned to bring over the years so I hope it helps any of you who are planning on cruising soon! If you would like a more in-depth post about what we did on the islands and such let me know 🙂