In honor of Clemson playing Boston College this Saturday, I thought I would share with you guys about my trip up to Boston! I went on this trip the summer following my freshman year of college to “study abroad” but not really abroad. Haha. I took classes for 3 weeks and spent a month in Boston, it was incredible! We did a BUNCH while we were in Boston, but I am going to talk about some of my favorites!
1. Quincy Market- This place has soo many vendors and shops around it! This market is also walkable distance to the Harbor where the Aquarium is located as well 🙂
2. Plimouth Plantation- We did have to drive about 45 minutes to this, but it was definitely worth it! Everyone there is in character as if they were still in that time period, it was so cool!
3. Concord (The Old North Bridge)- This was another drive that we made but still high on my list! This was so fascinating to stand exactly where the Battle of Concord took place that sparked the American Revolution.
4. JFK Library- This was one of my FAVORITE things we did the entire trip! The museum is setup just like The White House! This would be such a cool thing to take children to as well since there were lots of interactive things to do!
5. Harvard- You cannot go to Boston without going to check out Harvard. A friend of mine goes to Harvard and he was able to give us our own personal tour which was so much fun! I even took my family back when we went to watch Clemson play at BC the following year, and they were just as in awe as I was!
6. Boston Pops- This show was incredible! I would definitely recommend trying to squeeze this into your trip if you are interested!
7. Adams National Historic Park- This might have been one of the coolest things we did! We got to take a tour of John Adams and John Quincy Adams house that still had everything preserved from when they lived there!
8. Bunker Hill Monument- The view is incredible at the top, but let me tell you it was a workout! I think I had counted over 300 steps while also going in a spiral, I was super dizzy. Haha.
9. Boston Red Sox Game- You have got to check out Fenway Park if you are ever in Boston! This stadium was INCREDIBLE!
10. WHALE WATCHING!!! Okay, maybe this was the coolest thing we did. This was the first time I had ever been whale watching and it did not disappoint in the slightest! We were so lucky to see about 5 different whales on our tour!
Those are just 10 of my favorite things we did, but there was SO much more that would be worth checking out as well! Mike’s Pastry is another spot you have to hit while in Boston, their cannoli’s are to die for! Let me know if you are interested in any tourist attractions that I have not mentioned above, and I might have some insight for you!
On our last day we had a free day, so 4 of us decided to take a day trip to NYC… oh boy. Let me just say that this was an experience I will NEVER forget. Anyone interested in hearing the full story??